Wednesday 18 June 2014

R - Some more research

So I am going to look at some vector based designs, and I am going to research for some logo designs.



Here is the Michigan Wolves logo, I think that this is a great vector wolf, I love the way that the wolf isn't too aggressive but you can make out it is a wolf. I also like the contrast between the colours, I think it makes the logo stand out. Also the boldness of the strokes and outline makes this logo effective, I think that something like this could make a great logo for what I want.

I really like this design, I think that not only is it effective but I think it stands out and looks great, I love the way that the wolf is black and there is only white lines to make up the parts of the head. I think that not only would this look great on a white background but I think it would look great on all bright colours, especially if the white was changed the colour of the background. Overall I think that this is very effective and I think the minimalist look is something I am looking for.



I really like this design, it isn't a complete wolf, it has a mask of sort on it, but I really like the positioning and the design of it. I think that everything stands out on it and I also like the contrast between the different shades of blue. Also I never really thought of adding something to the wolf, I think that the mask makes it look a bit more fierce and that it looks more surreal. 


This wolf is a great example of what I wish I could do, but I think I want something a little more minimal, I think that this would be great on the business cards and other corporate identity, But I think for my purpose it is a little too detailed. However I really like the contrast and also the expression on the wolf's face. This makes it look really fierce with its teeth out.


Here I found just a vector image, I think that the simplicity is amazing, however I don't think it is the sort of thing I am looking for. But I will consider this sort of thing when I am doing my sketches, just to see whether it will look effective alongside my type. I also think that this is a great combination of shapes, I love the way taht everything is curved and there aren't really any straight edges.



I really like this design, I love the way they have changed a wolf and added extra's onto him. I think that I could maybe do this, I also think the extra's make the wolf look more fierce. This is a great idea for me, I think that having something like this would make my Crossfit Identity much more different and...qwerky?


I know that this isn't a complete piece of work, But I really like the design, I think that the straight edges give the wolf that sort of mechanical feel to it. I think that this is the sort of thing I will end up doing, however I would like mine to have its mouth open and to look more fierce. But overall I think that this is a great piece of design.





Minimal logo's

Here I am going to be looking at position of type around images ect, and I am going to try and find some logo's that have also incorporated both image and type into one. By this I mean using the vector image to create type ect.


I know that this isn't for a fitness company or gym, however I think that the vector is really effective, even though is is only minimal it stands out great on this background, but that isn't good for me, I want a logo that will look good on numerous coloured backgrounds. However I think I would not need the bow tie on the wolf....



I really like this design but I think its a little childish for my purposes. Although it would make a great type of logo, I think that it is just too childish. I love the simplicity of it and the way that the W makes the wolf's teeth. But other than that I think that doing something like this wouldn't really fit the Crossfit Gym logo I am going for. 


I really like this design, the reason for it, is that the circle target around the herring looks very similar to the targets for wall balls. I think that this would be a great design for a logo and I think that I could easily replace the bird with a wolf, doing maybe a whole wolf or just the wolf face. Either way I love the simplicity of this design and I think it would be a good idea/ The only problem is that I was hoping for something maybe a little more fierce, but I could use a similar design maybe, and incorporate my own aspects into it. This has given me some great inspiration and ideas.


I think that this is all the research i'm gonna do, Time to move onto some sketches!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home